Are you looking for a short Vietnamese language course and access to Vietnamese culture? Participate in our super short-term intercultural study course to achieve your goals.
What is included in the program?
We will provide a two-week Vietnamese language course, between July and September 2021 for students coming from UMAP member universities.
Why should you join the program at Tra Vinh university?
- To develop your communicative competence in Vietnamese in a variety of situations. The program will also equip students with strategies and skills of language learning to encourage a positive attitude and to build up confidence in communicative situations. Interestingly, this raises students’ socio-cultural awareness through developing an understanding of interpersonal relationships in a Vietnamese setting, Vietnamese lifestyles and aspects of Vietnamese culture, traditions and customs.
- To participate in field trips for cultural exchange in the local’s unique tourist attractions: Con Chim Island, Ba Om Pond, Khmer pagodas and museums, Ho Chi Minh Temple, night market, etc. to learn about local history and experience native people’s lifestyle as well as to play traditional games and try local delicious specialties such as wax coconut, banh xeo, banh tet,…
- To widen your relationships with local and international students. We arrange activities with students from the Khmer Language and Culture Department, Tra Vinh University in which you will watch local student’s performance with ethnic traditional music equipment. We also offer students an opportunity to participate as a host for the university’s English Speaking Club which promises an exciting language exchange. Participating students will have an opportunity to try different and tasty traditional dishes in a cooking contest.
- To explore the lush and beautiful countryside of Tra Vinh, a province located on the coast of the Mekong Delta which is known for sea and river tourism, coastal floating dunes specializing in specialty orchards, and
- To study the cultural identity of an area with three mixed ethnic groups Kinh, Khmer, and Hoa and to visit some of the hundreds of Khmer pagodas with unique architecture across districts, towns and cities in the province.
- To enjoy fresh air and feel the peaceful lifestyle of residents who are extremely friendly, hospitable, honest, helpful and hard working. The people of Tra Vinh are also known for being gentle and orderly. It is not a rare sight to see someone waiting alone at a red light for their turn to cross, even in the rain with no cross traffic.
Big and old trees in Ba Om Pond
A street under the shade of forest trees in Tra Vinh City
Tra Vinh University